RetroFlix - LaserDisc Trading Forum Buy Sell & Swap LaserDiscs

Welcome to RetroFlix LaserDisc Forum

Please register to access and view the full forum.

Why register on RetroFlix?
1. It's FREE :-)
2. Get access to the members forum
3. Free monthly LaserDisc prize draws for all members.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to RetroFlix LaserDisc Forum

Please register to access and view the full forum.

Why register on RetroFlix?
1. It's FREE :-)
2. Get access to the members forum
3. Free monthly LaserDisc prize draws for all members.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RetroFlix is a forum for LaserDisc collectors to chat, buy, sell and swap LaserDiscs

Latest topics

» LDs for sale
Hello. LaserDisc fan from Plymouth, IN USA. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:58 pm by Sam

» FS:two ocean shores kung fu movie laserdisc
Hello. LaserDisc fan from Plymouth, IN USA. EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:01 am by shaolin disciple

» nllaserdiscnl is a thief do not buy anything from him!
Hello. LaserDisc fan from Plymouth, IN USA. EmptySat May 25, 2013 12:46 pm by smitken

» pioneer laserdisk players for sale
Hello. LaserDisc fan from Plymouth, IN USA. EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:42 pm by mercury77

» LDs for sale
Hello. LaserDisc fan from Plymouth, IN USA. EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:35 pm by Sam

» New to the site with Laserdiscs to sell.
Hello. LaserDisc fan from Plymouth, IN USA. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:56 am by mercury77

» For Sale, selected special editions and other discs
Hello. LaserDisc fan from Plymouth, IN USA. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:52 am by mercury77

» For Sale : **SONY MDP650 Laserdisc player & discs**
Hello. LaserDisc fan from Plymouth, IN USA. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:49 am by mercury77

» Laserdiscs and player
Hello. LaserDisc fan from Plymouth, IN USA. EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:57 pm by Stevejames

Navigation

Keywords

Welcome to RetroFlix.co.uk

Hello and welcome to retroflix.co.uk - the forum for LaserDisc users. This site has been set up for LaserDisc enthusiasts to chat, buy, sell and swap LaserDiscs and share LaserDisc knowledge.

2 posters

Hello. LaserDisc fan from Plymouth, IN USA.

ATARI800XLfan

Hello. LaserDisc fan from Plymouth, IN USA. Empty Hello. LaserDisc fan from Plymouth, IN USA.

Post  ATARI800XLfan Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Hello everyone. I am somewhat of a beginner when it comes to collection LaserDisc. I currently own a Pioneer CLD-909 and have been thinking of upgrading. I have two in mind but wonder which one is better mostly from a picture and sound quality point of view.They are the Pioneer CLD-2080 and the Pioneer CLD-1010. What do you chaps think. Thanks for your time.
    Sam
    LaserDisc Regular
    LaserDisc Regular

Hello. LaserDisc fan from Plymouth, IN USA. Empty Re: Hello. LaserDisc fan from Plymouth, IN USA.

Post  Sam Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:48 pm

Welcome! I'd skip the 2080 and not even consider it.

The 1010 is a pretty solid (and often overlooked) player. It has a red diode laser, similar to the highly regarded HLD-X9, which is good for reading through light to moderately rotted discs and also discs with fingerprints or scratches. It [the 1010] is, however, a very old player from 1987 and so it does not have a digital output. Also, belts may be worn due to age or idle/non-use over an extended period of time. I do have a 1010 as one of my back-up players and it's had some issues with dot crawl toward the end of sides; after an allignment and basic servicing it's runs well and given a good, low noise picture.

To throw my two cents out there, a Pioneer D704 may be your best bet for a quality 'bang for the buck' player. If you get more serious about the hobby over time and want to move 'up' (or laterally, depending on who you talk to), you can always consider options such as the LD-S2, CLD-97, HLD-X9, or HLD-X0.
    ATARI800XLfan

Hello. LaserDisc fan from Plymouth, IN USA. Empty Re: Hello. LaserDisc fan from Plymouth, IN USA.

Post  ATARI800XLfan Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Sam wrote:Welcome! I'd skip the 2080 and not even consider it.

The 1010 is a pretty solid (and often overlooked) player. It has a red diode laser, similar to the highly regarded HLD-X9, which is good for reading through light to moderately rotted discs and also discs with fingerprints or scratches. It [the 1010] is, however, a very old player from 1987 and so it does not have a digital output. Also, belts may be worn due to age or idle/non-use over an extended period of time. I do have a 1010 as one of my back-up players and it's had some issues with dot crawl toward the end of sides; after an allignment and basic servicing it's runs well and given a good, low noise picture.

To throw my two cents out there, a Pioneer D704 may be your best bet for a quality 'bang for the buck' player. If you get more serious about the hobby over time and want to move 'up' (or laterally, depending on who you talk to), you can always consider options such as the LD-S2, CLD-97, HLD-X9, or HLD-X0.

Thanks for the help. How about two sided players at a good price. I have also been looking at a Pioneer CLD-3070 as I have noticed most of my movies are on two disc's. Plus figured might as well go ahead and get a two sided one for now as I am semi series about LaserDiscs. Thanks for your time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:51 pm