RetroFlix - LaserDisc Trading Forum Buy Sell & Swap LaserDiscs

Welcome to RetroFlix LaserDisc Forum

Please register to access and view the full forum.

Why register on RetroFlix?
1. It's FREE :-)
2. Get access to the members forum
3. Free monthly LaserDisc prize draws for all members.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to RetroFlix LaserDisc Forum

Please register to access and view the full forum.

Why register on RetroFlix?
1. It's FREE :-)
2. Get access to the members forum
3. Free monthly LaserDisc prize draws for all members.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RetroFlix is a forum for LaserDisc collectors to chat, buy, sell and swap LaserDiscs

Latest topics

» LDs for sale
VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD... EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:58 pm by Sam

» FS:two ocean shores kung fu movie laserdisc
VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:01 am by shaolin disciple

» nllaserdiscnl is a thief do not buy anything from him!
VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD... EmptySat May 25, 2013 12:46 pm by smitken

» pioneer laserdisk players for sale
VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD... EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:42 pm by mercury77

» LDs for sale
VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD... EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:35 pm by Sam

» New to the site with Laserdiscs to sell.
VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:56 am by mercury77

» For Sale, selected special editions and other discs
VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:52 am by mercury77

» For Sale : **SONY MDP650 Laserdisc player & discs**
VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:49 am by mercury77

» Laserdiscs and player
VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD... EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:57 pm by Stevejames

Navigation

Keywords

Welcome to RetroFlix.co.uk

Hello and welcome to retroflix.co.uk - the forum for LaserDisc users. This site has been set up for LaserDisc enthusiasts to chat, buy, sell and swap LaserDiscs and share LaserDisc knowledge.

3 posters

VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD...

March
    March
    Admin

VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD... Empty VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD...

Post  March Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:27 pm

I thought I'd start a threat for other formats as I'm sure most of us also collect some these inferior formats as well as LD ;-)

I picked up The Bronx Worriors box set from Shameless entertainment this week. It's definitely in the 'so bad it's good' category. I love these movies. These re-edited editions look great, the dubbing is awful, the scripts are hilarious and the action is o so camp. I thoroughly recommend it.

VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD... BronxTrilogyTin
    RetroK
    RetroK
    LaserDisc Regular
    LaserDisc Regular

VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD... Empty Re: VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD...

Post  RetroK Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:07 pm

Just ordered it too Very Happy They look like my kind of movies.
    DGTWoodward
    DGTWoodward
    RetroFlix Moderator
    RetroFlix Moderator

Post  DGTWoodward Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:23 pm

I remember renting THE BRONX WARRIORS off a real charlatan, back in the hazy and early days of VHS.

Wasn't this a sort of RAMBO/THE WARRIORS hybrid with a far-too-pretty-to-be-straight lead guy (albeit with terrific hair), with jeans and a leather waist coat so something of a poseur. And he drove around in a crappy old pick-up and got beaten up alot.

Is that the right one?

Despite the (now obvious) con-man, I actually recall those times with great fondness. This guy stick out because he was such a fraud. But looking back, a cherished memory of a really revolutionary and trend setting time.

I remember his zany and (shouldn't make fun, he obviously had a real problem) highly affected and way off descriptions of movies. His description of THE BRONX WARRIORS was that it was a sequel to FORT APACHE:THE BRONX (starring Paul Newman). His description of APOCALYPSE CANNIBAL - or as he called it APOPALYPSE CANNIBAL - was that it was the sequel to APOCALYPSE NOW!

None of his tapes were legit, they were all regular, domestically bought, usual brands.

It is obvious to me now, but he was clearly a 'quick on the uptake' entrepreneur that had figured out the two VHS machine in series trick and had bootlegged everything he could get his hands on.

Last edited by DGTWoodward on Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I highlighted his mistake.)
    RetroK
    RetroK
    LaserDisc Regular
    LaserDisc Regular

Post  RetroK Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:33 pm

DGTWoodward wrote:I remember renting THE BRONX WARRIORS off a real charlatan, back in the hazy and early days of VHS.

Wasn't this a sort of RAMBO/THE WARRIORS hybrid with a far-too-pretty-to-be-straight lead guy (albeit with terrific hair), with jeans and a leather waist coat so something of a poseur. And he drove around in a crappy old pick-up and got beaten up alot.

Is that the right one?

Despite the (now obvious) con-man, I actually recall those times with great fondness. This guy stick out because he was such a fraud. But looking back, a cherished memory of a really revolutionary and trend setting time.

I remember his zany and (shouldn't make fun, he obviously had a real problem) highly affected and way off descriptions of movies. His description of THE BRONX WARRIORS was that it was a sequel to FORT APACHE:THE BRONX (starring Paul Newman). His description of APOCALYPSE CANNIBAL - or as he called it APOCALYPSE CANNIBAL - was that it was he sequel to APOCALYPSE NOW!

None of his tapes were legit, they were all regular, domestically bought, usual brands.

It is obvious to me now, but he was clearly a 'quick on the uptake' entrepreneur that had figured out the two VHS machine in series trick and had bootlegged everything he could get his hands on.

Haha. I can just imagine him trying to think up plot descriptions, when he really couldn't give a damn.

Yeah the leader of the gang is the skinniest, campest, girliest gang member of all time. It's a poor man's escape from new york. Entertaining though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:04 pm