RetroFlix - LaserDisc Trading Forum Buy Sell & Swap LaserDiscs

Welcome to RetroFlix LaserDisc Forum

Please register to access and view the full forum.

Why register on RetroFlix?
1. It's FREE :-)
2. Get access to the members forum
3. Free monthly LaserDisc prize draws for all members.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to RetroFlix LaserDisc Forum

Please register to access and view the full forum.

Why register on RetroFlix?
1. It's FREE :-)
2. Get access to the members forum
3. Free monthly LaserDisc prize draws for all members.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RetroFlix is a forum for LaserDisc collectors to chat, buy, sell and swap LaserDiscs

Latest topics

» LDs for sale
Hello from scotland EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:58 pm by Sam

» FS:two ocean shores kung fu movie laserdisc
Hello from scotland EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:01 am by shaolin disciple

» nllaserdiscnl is a thief do not buy anything from him!
Hello from scotland EmptySat May 25, 2013 12:46 pm by smitken

» pioneer laserdisk players for sale
Hello from scotland EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:42 pm by mercury77

» LDs for sale
Hello from scotland EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:35 pm by Sam

» New to the site with Laserdiscs to sell.
Hello from scotland EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:56 am by mercury77

» For Sale, selected special editions and other discs
Hello from scotland EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:52 am by mercury77

» For Sale : **SONY MDP650 Laserdisc player & discs**
Hello from scotland EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:49 am by mercury77

» Laserdiscs and player
Hello from scotland EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:57 pm by Stevejames

Navigation

Keywords

Welcome to RetroFlix.co.uk

Hello and welcome to retroflix.co.uk - the forum for LaserDisc users. This site has been set up for LaserDisc enthusiasts to chat, buy, sell and swap LaserDiscs and share LaserDisc knowledge.

3 posters

Hello from scotland

Ipeesquint

Hello from scotland Empty Hello from scotland

Post  Ipeesquint Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Hello all

well after mothballing the laserdisc collection (about a hundred) a few years back when my cld 2950 died. Im feeling nostalgic again and have started the hunt for a new player.

Holding the gatefold sleeve in your hand I recall the excitement of getting the pizza box from laser enterprises and knowing that the film was barely in the cinema and now I was showing it to pals on a friday night with beer and nibbles. Superb !

Wont miss the prices though Very Happy

I am in livingston scotland. Not many laserdisc guys up here I think !

Great to find this site

Cheers

ip

MutleyStar

Hello from scotland Empty Postman thinks I'm a DJ!

Post  MutleyStar Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:46 pm

Evening, your right there is nothing that beats a box arriving with a laserdisc in, however, the postman thinks I'm a DJ and I haven't confessed my laserdisc hoarding! Hope you've had more luck finding Laserdiscs up in Scotland!?
    Gazza

Hello from scotland Empty Re: Hello from scotland

Post  Gazza Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:07 pm

Great to know that there's at least one other Laserdisc fan in Scotland. Smile

I'm unfortunately moving to Aus this year and I'm looking to try and find someone looking to buy my 100+ laserdisc collection of mainly Disney titles plus some others including my Star Wars definitive collection and one or two other box sets.

Hopefully someone using the site may be interested in looking after the 'ton and a half' of pristine discs! Smile

I'm going to try and get a full list together of all the titles together asap plus will also get my Pioneer player out of it's original box and test it.
    Ipeesquint

Hello from scotland Empty Hello fellow scot

Post  Ipeesquint Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:33 pm

Yes not many of us up here. I 'm afraid I'm only a buyer at about a quid a disk really. It's one of those hobbies that is best served on ebay at the moment. Trouble is in the last few months discs that i picked Up for £0.99 plus £2.50 delivery are being offered at buy it now for £12.99 and the like but unless it is very rare it often won't sell at all. I think that dealers think they are LP's which have had a big comeback of late but LD's time has not yet come.

Boxsets usually do move though so if you can be bothered it is worth your time putting the Star Wars stuff on the bay and also Disney usually sells ok too ESP the boxes. Again some guys have them on at £50 and the like and they will have them forever. Be realistic and you would do fine.

I may be interested in a chunk of them but depends if your near central scotland or not and as i say i dont pay much for them. As you have rightly noted the flaw in collecting them. They ain't heavy............they're my collection !

I picked up 53 discs for 65 quid about 4 months back and there was a nice war of the roses box and Nixon box in there too along with the abyss and aliens. If your after an impertinent offer and your local I'm your man lol !!

I have both Star Wars boxes they are superb. Drop me a list with your expectations on price though but if your not keen to give em away and recoup at least some money the bay is the only market left really.

Good luck in oz in any case. A least you get some sun guaranteed !

Cheers

Ipeesquint

Sponsored content

Hello from scotland Empty Re: Hello from scotland

Post  Sponsored content