RetroFlix - LaserDisc Trading Forum Buy Sell & Swap LaserDiscs

Welcome to RetroFlix LaserDisc Forum

Please register to access and view the full forum.

Why register on RetroFlix?
1. It's FREE :-)
2. Get access to the members forum
3. Free monthly LaserDisc prize draws for all members.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to RetroFlix LaserDisc Forum

Please register to access and view the full forum.

Why register on RetroFlix?
1. It's FREE :-)
2. Get access to the members forum
3. Free monthly LaserDisc prize draws for all members.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RetroFlix is a forum for LaserDisc collectors to chat, buy, sell and swap LaserDiscs

Latest topics

» LDs for sale
Huge LD fan EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:58 pm by Sam

» FS:two ocean shores kung fu movie laserdisc
Huge LD fan EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:01 am by shaolin disciple

» nllaserdiscnl is a thief do not buy anything from him!
Huge LD fan EmptySat May 25, 2013 12:46 pm by smitken

» pioneer laserdisk players for sale
Huge LD fan EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:42 pm by mercury77

» LDs for sale
Huge LD fan EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:35 pm by Sam

» New to the site with Laserdiscs to sell.
Huge LD fan EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:56 am by mercury77

» For Sale, selected special editions and other discs
Huge LD fan EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:52 am by mercury77

» For Sale : **SONY MDP650 Laserdisc player & discs**
Huge LD fan EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:49 am by mercury77

» Laserdiscs and player
Huge LD fan EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:57 pm by Stevejames

Navigation

Keywords

Welcome to RetroFlix.co.uk

Hello and welcome to retroflix.co.uk - the forum for LaserDisc users. This site has been set up for LaserDisc enthusiasts to chat, buy, sell and swap LaserDiscs and share LaserDisc knowledge.

Huge LD fan

badlad

Huge LD fan Empty Huge LD fan

Post  badlad Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Hello all.

I've been an avid collector and fan of LDs since 1997 when I picked up a CLD-310 (how I blush now!) from HMV for a little over £100. I used to love going in and browsing those huge discs looking for my next film bargain, it had to be a bargain as they were retailing for anywhere between £10 and £50 per film!

I luckily found a website (Encore Entertainment, I think it was!) which I used to spend my hard earned student cash on and began amassing a huge collection of pal LDs, owning almost all available UK titles. Having made a friend who collected NTSC discs, I turned into a green eyed monster! And eventually got a CLD-D515 in 2000 and then the floodgates really opened as I discovered all the boxsets, Criterion and Unrated/uncut horror films available on the other side of the pond!

Wanting to further into the World of DVD, having got a pc with a dvd drive, I bought a DVL-909 US in 2002. Due to its easily changeable region format on dvd and its awesome playability of LDs. Sadly a few years ago I decided that enough was enough and reduced my PAL collection down to around 50 titles, mostly generic tv series, boxsets and films I didn't see the point of getting on DVD. Don't panic the rarer PALs were sold at very good prices on ebay etc with most discs commanding high prices even though I put them on with no reserve and auction style. I recall War of The Worlds and many many other 50s sci-fi films going for well over £30 each. Any of the discs not worth selling alone went with the original 310 again on ebay fully boxed to a new collector. Also selling lots of NTSC discs to friends and ebayers alike.

My NTSC collection remains relatively strong (200 titles). I got my final player DVL-909 European edition in 2008. And still regularly watch some of my collection, when time permits.

Its really good to see a forum like this and have never thought to actually look for one! Doh! Which is odd as I use others for buying and selling exotic animals!

I must admit that I did join the forum looking for help with regards to one of the players. My Euro 909 has a disc lodged inside it, it powers on fine but will not play or eject the disc, I believe that the error occured when the player attempted to play the second side. Taking the cover off, leaves me no more the wiser, the discs seems suspended from the drawer! I'm not very technologically minded when seeing all those electrics and would never try and force it open. I was wondering if anyone had experienced this issue themselves or could point me in the direction of anyone who could repair said item?! I live between places my home in Leics and I breed animals at a place in Derby.

Thanks in advance for any help and hope to communicate with any of you peeps for any purpose in the future.

Long Live the Laserdisc.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:26 am