RetroFlix - LaserDisc Trading Forum Buy Sell & Swap LaserDiscs

Welcome to RetroFlix LaserDisc Forum

Please register to access and view the full forum.

Why register on RetroFlix?
1. It's FREE :-)
2. Get access to the members forum
3. Free monthly LaserDisc prize draws for all members.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to RetroFlix LaserDisc Forum

Please register to access and view the full forum.

Why register on RetroFlix?
1. It's FREE :-)
2. Get access to the members forum
3. Free monthly LaserDisc prize draws for all members.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RetroFlix is a forum for LaserDisc collectors to chat, buy, sell and swap LaserDiscs

Latest topics

» LDs for sale
laserdisc - The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be.... EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:58 pm by Sam

» FS:two ocean shores kung fu movie laserdisc
laserdisc - The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be.... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:01 am by shaolin disciple

» nllaserdiscnl is a thief do not buy anything from him!
laserdisc - The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be.... EmptySat May 25, 2013 12:46 pm by smitken

» pioneer laserdisk players for sale
laserdisc - The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be.... EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:42 pm by mercury77

» LDs for sale
laserdisc - The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be.... EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:35 pm by Sam

» New to the site with Laserdiscs to sell.
laserdisc - The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be.... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:56 am by mercury77

» For Sale, selected special editions and other discs
laserdisc - The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be.... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:52 am by mercury77

» For Sale : **SONY MDP650 Laserdisc player & discs**
laserdisc - The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be.... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:49 am by mercury77

» Laserdiscs and player
laserdisc - The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be.... EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:57 pm by Stevejames

Navigation

Keywords

Welcome to RetroFlix.co.uk

Hello and welcome to retroflix.co.uk - the forum for LaserDisc users. This site has been set up for LaserDisc enthusiasts to chat, buy, sell and swap LaserDiscs and share LaserDisc knowledge.

+7
Laserdisk-Kid
bullruckle
nissling
8bitplus
March
DGTWoodward
Earthtime3978
11 posters

The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be....

Earthtime3978
    Earthtime3978

laserdisc - The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be.... Empty The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be....

Post  Earthtime3978 Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:28 pm

....? I mean if laserdisc was to make a comeback, what do you think would or should be the first 2011 release? The last releases were in 2000 or 2001-in Japan. Movies like, Lake Placid, Sixth Sense, X-Men and The Cell. With so much time going by since then there would have to be a few released at once. Can you picture that? Just like the resurgence of vinyl, a seperate place to order new laserdisc releases. And...you know some awesome players would be to follow.

Last edited by Earthtime3978 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    DGTWoodward
    DGTWoodward
    RetroFlix Moderator
    RetroFlix Moderator

laserdisc - The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be.... Empty Nice one!

Post  DGTWoodward Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Yes, now this is a good idea for a thread....

Being something of BATMAN fan, I would like to see the new BM movies hit laserdisc.

What with the new "DARK KNIGHT RISES" movie in the works as we speak, I can just imagine, and would certaily like to see, a mega 3 movie Spec Ed boxed set. It would probably come from Japan and be ridiculously expensive...

Oh, a special edition that was really actually special, like the ones I have read about online.

And whilst on the BM theme, I would love to see a 1.85:1 full remaster on LD of the 1966 BATMAN movie with Adam West and Burt Ward, which was only ever avaialable as 4:3

Last edited by DGTWoodward on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : bad spelling!)
    March
    March
    Admin

laserdisc - The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be.... Empty Re: The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be....

Post  March Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Agree with the Batman movies. Wow I'll have to think about this one. For a start I'd like to see:

Attack of the clones
    Revenge of the Sith
    Lord Of The Rings Trilogy - Super Duper huge boxed set
    28 Days Later
    Dead Mans Shoes
    War Of The Worlds - ( if only for the sound )
    Rambo 4
    Rocky 6
    Terminator 3
    Indiana Jones 4
    Die Hard 4
    The new bond movies
    Last Samurai
    The Village
    Shooter
    Fight Club
    Man From Eath
    Black Hawk Down
    The Green Mile
    Taken
    Downfall
    The Business
    8bitplus
    8bitplus

laserdisc - The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be.... Empty Re: The next brand new laserdisc pressing will be....

Post  8bitplus Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:49 pm

I'd have to say Lord of the Rings as well. The boxed would be epic.
    nissling
    nissling
    LaserDisc Regular
    LaserDisc Regular

Post  nissling Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:31 pm

March wrote:Fight Club

That one was released on LD, I have it in my collection actually (or well, it will be in my collection within some days, I've bought it but it hasn't arrived yet).
    March
    March
    Admin

Post  March Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:10 pm

nissling wrote:
    March wrote:Fight Club

That one was released on LD, I have it in my collection actually (or well, it will be in my collection within some days, I've bought it but it hasn't arrived yet).

So it is.. I didn't know that. Just took a look on lddb, it's pretty pricey. I'll have to keep a look out on ebay.
    Earthtime3978
    Earthtime3978

Post  Earthtime3978 Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:32 am

Fight Club is on ebay now- search using the term Japanese laserdisc or Japan laserdisc, I saw it today.
    bullruckle
    bullruckle
    LaserDisc Semi-Pro
    LaserDisc Semi-Pro

Post  bullruckle Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Inception would be sweet, Shutter Island, Inglorious Bastards, as DGTW said: Dark Knight, Bourne movies, Maybe the 2 most recent Star Wars films just to complete the LD set.

Then what about some sweet TV box sets. The complete Sopranos, complete Lost: special 75 disc edition ect.

Im getting all giddy just think about how sweet it would be if one was actually able to get post 2000 LDs cheers
    DGTWoodward
    DGTWoodward
    RetroFlix Moderator
    RetroFlix Moderator

Post  DGTWoodward Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:02 pm

bullruckle wrote:Then what about some sweet TV box sets. The complete Sopranos, complete Lost: special 75 disc edition ect.
    cheers

lol!

Complete boxed sets of BABYLON 5 would be fantastic.

I seem to recall that there was an, at best, patchy release schedule for B5. As I recall, it was...all of season 1, some of season 2, none of season three, some of season 4 and all of season 5.

This, to me as a huge B5 fan, was ludicrous. The bits that were missed were where an enormous number of the the show's plot threads were resolved. That period of the show is generally considered to be the series at its very best...sure enough Warner Brothers missed it all!.

Last edited by DGTWoodward on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    8bitplus
    8bitplus

Post  8bitplus Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:14 am

pirates of the caribbean (sorry, don't hit me) would be good for the audio.

There are a few anime movies and series that I'd love on laserdisc, but not many, modern anime sucks.

Laserdisk-Kid
    LaserDisc Regular
    LaserDisc Regular

Post  Laserdisk-Kid Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:00 am

Death note movies ((death note and last name))
    japanese with english subtitles. ((no english dub)) box set in a cool leather case
    and a death note replica inside with the script and characters art act.

no "L" movie though for that was shit. Razz

and a Box set of the new thunderbirds movie with all the entire TV series in it.
    metal box with indents and stuff of the thunderbirds machines.

And a Laserdisc box set of La-Blue Girl Returns ((with Art book and extra features and stuff))

Twisted Evil pirat
    DGTWoodward
    DGTWoodward
    RetroFlix Moderator
    RetroFlix Moderator

Post  DGTWoodward Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:45 am

Laserdisk-Kid wrote:...a Box set of the new thunderbirds movie with all the entire TV series in it.
    metal box with indents and stuff of the thunderbirds machines...Twisted Evil pirat

Oh, I am getting giddy! Very Happy But that's probably just from trying to lift it!! lol!

Also, Superman Returns, to round out the set.

I know that Speed Racer (the Wachowski's version) was not a huge favourite world wide, but can you imagine that on VHS? All that bleed in the super strong colours, the Pro-Logic-from-tape sound...then you stick in the Laserdisc and you get perfect colour, sharp detail and DTS audio!

Last edited by DGTWoodward on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:47 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : syntax error.)
    Stevo
    Stevo
    LaserDisc Regular
    LaserDisc Regular

Post  Stevo Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:55 pm

Lost box set Very Happy
    Davinci Code
    Saw Box set with fold out torture devices
    Rayzor1
    Rayzor1

Post  Rayzor1 Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:32 pm

All good suggestions. But... What would you pay for a new LD? The manufacturers would have to charge a high price compared to other formats as there would be a small Market. I don't think I'd be prepared to pay much more than Blu-Ray. Would it be viable?
    Earthtime3978
    Earthtime3978

Post  Earthtime3978 Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:37 pm

I would pay 39.00 to 49.00 dollars. Not because I want to , but because that is what the manufacturers would charge at the minimum. The cost could be more. I will repeat my mantra; when the digital video saturation point is reached, laserdisc (or a variation of it) will become the new "vinyl." I'm talking 5 to 8 years from now.
    March
    March
    Admin

Post  March Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:35 pm

I would be prepared to pay around £15-20 I reckon. I should imagine they could still make a good profit on that.
    Wim1310

Post  Wim1310 Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:34 pm

As mention before, the Lord Of The Rings trilogy would be fantastic, even if The Hobbit films are still missing at this point. And now that they're all done, the whole Harry Potter series in a big box would be too good to be true!
    IrlingLegorm
    IrlingLegorm
    LaserDisc Regular
    LaserDisc Regular

Post  IrlingLegorm Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:18 pm

At the LD would be good to publish videos and concerts of contemporary music group, copyright music projects.
    Create audio-video albums (the album includes a vinyl record and LD with video clips or concerts). All in excellent quality analog!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:41 pm